Thursday, June 24, 2010

Petey 1, Me 0

 I came home to separation anxiety Pete today, with poop right in the middle of the floor and Pete under the desk.  So I carefully picked up the poop, flushed it down the toilet, cleaned the floor and readied myself for the shower.  I went to the bathroom and flushed the  toilet, only to have it suddenly overflow with water and flood the floor. 

Now, I have no idea how to fix a toilet, but I know you have to take the lid off of the tank and finagle with one of two gadgets in there. The first was not the right one- more water spilled out.  The second one stopped the water. 

Now thankfully, this overflow water was clean, and I was only sopping up clean water, but it still took an extra 15 minutes to do.  So, I thought, ok, I'm all done with this.  I go to get in the shower and suddenly the doorbell rings.  I peek out the window to see my soon to be new neighbor and the downstairs tenant. 

I'm not dressed. 

I pull on a quick dress and run outside to find out that the water had started running down the walls and into the downstairs tenant's store.

Ugh! Petey 1, Me 0 today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're posting again- LOVE following all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete