Friday, January 8, 2010

ROLL TIDE

Yes, I am now one of those girlfriends who adopts their boyfriend's sports team fanship. Although, in my defense, I changed over to Steelers fan-mania before I started dating John. When you live in a city full of rabid Steelers fans, they kind of suck you in. First, they make you re-love football, and then they start to brainwash you. So I started watching the Steelers and quit watching the Bengals.

Then I started dating John. John grew up in Pittsburgh, fell in love with football and played it, and then went to the University of Alabama for college. And I thought Steelers fans were intense. To spend time with a group of Alabama fans is to understand what it means bleed crimson. I'm telling you, it's like magnetic energy. This one girl we met at the Western Pennsylvania Alabama Alumni Association viewing of the SEC Championship game didn't even go to Alabama, but she was so dedicated to it. She has the gear and the routine and the knowledge I thought only men could record in their brains (sports factoids). In any case, you want to be a part of it. So I became a part of it. I think John is still suspicious of my fanship, even when during the SEC championship game I was shouting at the top of my lungs for the Alabama defense to get him, get Tebow!

Last night was the BCS championship game and I was snowed in with Coop. Where was John, you ask? In sunny, balmy, 68 degree Vegas. Alone, Coop and I watched the Tide roll on through Texas. I noticed something...

Not only have I adopted Alabama fanship, but Coop-a-loop seems to have adopted it too. Last night all through the game, Cooper paced in front of the TV. He sat a foot away from the TV at times and stared at the screen. He sat with me and panted and panted and panted and drooled. My dog was stressing out! I took him out a half-time, thinking, ok, maybe he's in need of a bathroom break. But when he came back in, it got worse! So I decided to go digging through John's closet for this handy little t-shirt John has from his collegiate days. It reads F*** AUBURN! Not exactly Texas, but it channels the energy of John and the Tide. Please note, I NEVER dress my dog, except for his rain coat. And I only use that because I can't get him to go outside and go to the bathroom in the rain without it.

That said, I put the t-shirt on Coop. He was confused by the shirt, but decided it wasn't too awfully bad and sat down on the couch with me for a good ten minutes to watch the game. He wasn't panting anymore.

10 minutes later, he was trying to eat it though.

ROLL TIDE.

In other notes, earlier this week I posted 3 goals for myself.

1. Get a job at Pie Place
2. Finish my marathon training, week 1
3. Call Coops Vet about finalizing TDI paperwork

Well, consider number 1 complete! The offered me the job and I start on Tuesday!

I also ran again today. I really wish it would stop snowing. It is so tough to get a good pace going when it's 20 degrees and slippery on the sidewalks. But one more day of week 1, then 16 weeks to go!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I now have your blog's address so we can keep in better contact! I am SO PROUD and so in awe of you for going after your dream- amazing, amazing!! I know you and so I know that you will succeed. Miss you! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete