Thursday, January 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

When it gets really cold outside, I like to spend a lot of time huddling up with coffee and a blanket and Cooper (and John when he's home). This is an essential waste of time that I really can't afford to use these days, but one that I cherish while I'm doing it. So today, I'm going to Thank the Universe for 20 things it has given me and all the things I am visualizing for myself and hope this time of idle cuddling isn't so wasted.

(these are in no particular order)

1. Thank you for bringing Cooper into my life.
2. Thank you for helping Cooper remember he doesn't like to eat poop because it makes him feel bad ( I can't even get into the details right now, but let's just thank the universe here for it being a passing phase).
3. Thank you for showing me the path to meet John and giving me the patience and presence of mind and self to wait for him and recognize him when the time was right.
4. Thank you for my family, who is ever supportive and keeping me on my toes.
5. Thank you for John's family.
6. Thank you for my friends, who never cease to amaze me.
7. Thank you for my optimism. In times like now, it keeps me sane and gives me words on inspiration to share with others. The more I stay positive while others feel sorry for me, the more my universe becomes positive.
8. Thank you for my motivation & focus. It comes from within so I need very little fuel to keep this fire going.
9. Thank you for Saucony running shoes. They cushion my feet and make it feel like I'm running on clouds.
10. Thank you for this body of mine. I appreciate the systems working together that make it possible for me to run and walk and dance and play.
11. Thank you for my talents. I am happy to have something that I can share with others.
12. Thank you for giving me passion.
13. Thank you for my wealth. Not just the monetary kind, but the wealth of love that I am able to give and the love that I receive.
14. Thank you for Pete. Petey is the cookies to the vanilla in the cookies and cream ice cream flavor that is Pete and Coop. Always a surprise and always sweet.
15. Thank you for Sammy Boy.
16. Thank you for Molly Girl. Our relationship has yet to fully develop, but I'm starting to get her.
17. Thank you for my bakery. I love the happiness it brings during the hours I spend visualizing the place I want to be.
18. Thank you for my consulting business & the funding it will bring to achieve my bakery.
19. Thank you for opportunity. The possibilities you have given me by allowing me to work in a bakery are so much broader now.
20. Thank you for good coffee. The fuel that makes me nicer, happier, and more alive every morning.

I'm feeling a little better now.
Time to get this day rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment